- 20/10/2021What do you think of the book ‘Creation Unfolding’ by Ken Coulson? Is it evolutionist?
Answer by John Mackay and Diane Eager Creation Unfolding: A New Perspective on Ex Nihilo by Ken. P. Coulson, was published by Phaneros Press in 2020. The core idea of Ken Coulson’s work is that he has devised a new explanation of creation, which he calls Supernatural Formative Process Theory (SFPT). The claimed benefit of […]
- 13/10/2021INSECT STINGS: Did insects such as bees and wasps have stingers before Adam sinned?
Answer by Diane Eager We normally think of insect stingers as weapons, and therefore they would not be needed in the original very good world. They are certainly used as weapons in the fallen and cursed world we now live in, so many claim they must have been designed specifically for this purpose. Sceptics and […]
- 11/08/2021POLYSTRATE: What is a polystrate fossil?
Answer by John MackayWhat is polystrate? The word itself is easy: poly as in many, strate, as in layers or strata. Therefore, polystrate means “many layers” and usually refers to fossils that protrude though one or more layers. Here is a classic example of such a tree in Kentucky coal fields near town of Hazard […]
- 30/06/2021CLIMATE: Is water vapour more important than carbon dioxide?
Answer by Nigel Currie Here is a summary of Nigel’s article. For full article use the download link below. Climate change/global warming has occupied considerable public and scientific attention over much of the last two decades. An apparent majority of scientists, politicians, environmentalist lobbyists and the public have deemed greenhouse gases, and especially carbon dioxide, […]
- 29/06/2021TIM KELLER ON EVOLUTION & ADAM: Is evolution compatible with Adam and Eve and the Fall of Man? Keller says it is.
Answer by John Mackay and Diane Eager This question relates to an article by Time Keller on the Gospel Coalition website. Tim Keller (MDiv, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary; DMin, Westminster Theological Seminary) is founder of Redeemer Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Manhattan, chairman of Redeemer City to City, and founder of The Gospel Coalition. Tim Keller was […]
- 26/01/2021PARABLE? Is Jesus’ story of the rich man and Lazarus a parable?
Answer by Diane Eager and John Mackay The account of the rich man and Lazarus is recorded in Luke 16:19-31 and contrasts two very different Jewish people: an extremely wealthy man living an indulgent lifestyle in opulent accommodation, and a poor beggar named Lazarus who suffering from diseased skin (most likely as a result of […]
- 10/11/2020MAN & WOMAN: Is there a real definition of man and woman in a world that wants fluid gender?
Answer by John Mackay and Diane Eager The easy bit is that the word “man” refers to an adult human male, and a “woman” is an adult female human. But can we actually give a testable, provable meaning to the traditional words “male” and “female”, or are they just roles allocated for convenience which can […]
- 23/09/2020OIL BACTERIA: If oil wasn’t formed until Noah’s Flood why are there bacteria that can break it down?
The original question was:If you claim oil wasn’t formed until Noah’s Flood, then why are there bacteria that can break it down? How did they evolve? Answer by Diane Eager and John Mackay Firstly, what is in oil? Prior to the 1800’s, the oil used was extracted from animals or plants e.g. whale oil, cow […]
- 24/06/2020Are different human skin colours explained by Adam and Eve having a mix of dominant and recessive genes?
The original question was: How can you explain all the different skin colours if the whole human race is descended from one couple? I heard a creation speaker claim it is because Adam and Eve would have had a mix of dominant and recessive colour genes and because dominant genes were for dark colour and […]
- 17/06/2020Why is race so intertwined with slavery in the USA?
Answer by Steve Stranghoener Slavery was abolished in the United States in 1863 but Americans are still consumed by race. Racial divisions are deeper than ever, as evidenced by recent protests and riots, with endless wrangling over the amorphous concept of social justice where some have called for Civil War reparations 155 years after the […]