- 28/07/2015Who were Adam and Eve?
This question reminds us of a church enterprise we came across recently. An Australian country church brought the local hotel when it went bankrupt. Their aim was to make it into a youth centre. They discovered the publican had named the toilets Adam and Eve, but they had to change this because the street kids […]
- 15/07/2015Why did Jesus say he would be buried for three days if he died on Friday and rose on Sunday?
The original question was: In Matthew 12:40 Jesus states “Just as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of a whale, so should the son of man be 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth” (NKJV) Yet the church says Jesus was buried on a Friday and rose […]
- 08/07/2015Talking Animals? How could donkeys or snakes speak to people, as the Bible records?
The original question was: Do you people really believe the Biblical accounts that a donkey could speak? Having a snake speak is even worse as snakes have no vocal cords at all? Answer The story of Balaam’s donkey is recorded in Numbers 22. Balaam, a Gentile prophet, had been hired by regional minor King Balak […]
- 23/06/2015DINOSAURS: Were they on Noah’s ark? If so, what happened to them?
We first must ask what creatures the Bible records God told Noah to preserve on the ark. The answer is found in Genesis 6 as well 7. Noah was told “… two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive. And you shall take for yourself of all food that is eaten, […]
- 10/06/2015DNA LIFESPAN: What is it? What happens as DNA degrades? Can it last millions of years?
The original question was: I have read and watched Professor Neeland’s material on your site about life spans of various molecules. What does he have to say about scientific claims we can extract detectable DNA from material hundreds of thousands to millions of years old? What is a reliable lifespan for intact DNA? And what […]
- 10/06/2015Inhaled foreign bodies usually enter the right bronchus. Is this a design flaw in creation?
First of all, a brief human anatomy lesson: When you breathe air moves down the throat, through the larynx (voice box) and down the trachea (windpipe). The trachea then divides into two main airways that convey the air into each lung. These are the right and left main bronchi (singular: bronchus). The two main bronchi […]
- 26/05/2015ANIMAL RIGHTS: Should some animals be given the same legal rights as human beings?
The pressure for animals to be granted human rights is based totally on the evolutionary belief that animals and humans are just one continuum on an evolutionary tree of life, and there is nothing intrinsically special about being human. Those who want to give human rights to apes on the basis of proximity on the […]
- 26/05/2015ARK ANIMALS: Does Genesis 7 contradict Genesis 6 about the number of animals on the ark?
The original question was: How do you explain the contradictions between Genesis 6 and 7 concerning the number of animals that went aboard the ark? One account therefore states two (one pair) of every species without distinction, the other states 14 (seven pairs) of certain favoured species (‘clean animals’) and of the birds. If you […]
- 19/05/2015SPECIATION? Is speciation a fact, and does this prove evolution?
A reader has sent in links to two evolutionist sites listing examples of speciation, and asked us which are not real examples of speciation. The list includes the Hawthorn fly, Three-spined sticklebacks, Cichlid fishes in Lake Nagubago, Tennessee cave salamanders, Greenish Warbler, Ensatina salamanders, Larus gulls, Petroica multicolour, Drosophila (fruit flies), Mayr bird fauna, Finches, […]
- 19/05/2015DARWIN’S DEATH: Did Darwin recant of his evolutionary theory as he neared death?
The original question was: I was told during one of your sessions by the chap sitting next to me that he thought Darwin had recanted on his evolution thoughts as he neared death. I had heard it before, but thought that I had also heard it was rubbish. With your experience and knowledge of the […]