- 19/04/2016HUMAN TAILS? I have read that babies can be born with true tails. Are these leftovers from our evolutionary ancestors?
The original question was: I read an article that claimed there are “true tails” as opposed to “false tails” and there are 20 to 30 cases of “true tails” in humans. Is this correct, or are they just “more advanced” false tails? Reference: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5967742/the-science-of-human-tails Answer by Diane Eager. The article referenced in the link above […]
- 12/04/2016AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINES? If Aborigines have been in Australia for 40,000 years, how could the Bible be true?
Answer by John Mackay One of our early board members, Dr Allen Hall (1919-2004) received his Order of Australia medal for translation work with aboriginals, along with resurrecting traditional locality names and local histories. You can also view some of the elders we interviewed on our Origin of Races DVDs. This author has taught aboriginal […]
- 12/04/2016HUMAN KIND? Did God ever command people to produce their own kind, like he did for all the animals?
Answer by John Mackay In Genesis you find no specific instruction given to Adam and Eve to produce “after their own kind”, as all the other creatures are told (beginning with Genesis 1:11). But you do find the instruction for man to multiply and fill the earth (Genesis 1:28). This instruction was repeated to Noah […]
- 23/03/2016CRUCIFIXION of Christ? Did Jesus just go into a coma on the cross and merely appear to rise from the dead?
The original question was: I am a medical doctor and a Christian. I am sure you would get more people in church if you taught Jesus didn’t actually die, he was just comatose and revived after three days. People would find it easier to believe and the churches would be full. Why don’t you teach […]
- 15/03/2016GOD’S NAME? Why do some people pronounce God’s name as Yahweh and others say Jehovah?
GOD’S NAME? Why do some people pronounce God’s name as Yahweh and others say Jehovah? Answer by John Mackay In a nutshell, it has to do with three things: 1) Y do we have J? i.e. what is the history of the letter J in the English language. 2) The Jews fear of pronouncing God’s […]
- 15/03/2016GIRAFFES: If natural selection favoured long necked giraffes why are females shorter than males? How do juveniles survive?
The Original question was: Giraffe evolution – If giraffes have long necks because natural selection favoured that phenotype in an environment with high foliage, why are the adult females one metre shorter than males? Surely they would all be the same height if the evolution story were true? It is also a bit of a […]
- 02/03/2016ANIMAL MIGRATION: How did animals populate the world after the flood?
Answer by John Mackay First some generalizations, then a detailed case study. In some cases the answers are very easy to know how animals moved to places far away from the region where Noah landed, because we have records of recent arrivals downunder in Australia. Cows, sheep, goats and other domestic animals got to Australia […]
- 02/03/2016LENSKI EXPERIMENT: Is there any gene loss? Are the bacteria increasing in fitness?
Following our publication of a question and answer on Lenski’s E. coli experiment we received a request for further information. We suggest you first read the original question: Bacteria Evolution? Lenski’s E coli experiment: Has it shown bacteria can evolve new information? Answer here by Diane Eager Follow up questions were: Why do you use […]
- 24/02/2016HOMOSEXUAL HARM? Some atheists say homosexuality does no harm to anyone. Is this true?
The original question was: Here in the Philippines politician Manny Pacquiao has made comments opposing President Obamas views on same sex marriage. Now atheists are saying that it doesn’t cause harm to the society or any human being at all, therefore, there is no reason to not legalize it. Are there any scientific evidences that […]
- 16/02/2016WEEDS: Plants can be weeds in one place but not in another. How can weeds be the result of the Fall?
The original question was: In your Evidence News December 16 December 2015 you claim that weeds are a consequence of the Fall and wouldn’t have existed in Eden, but isn’t the definition of a weed subjective? Aren’t weeds just plants growing where you don’t want them to? So a given plant would be a weed […]