- 25/11/2015Was Luke a Jew or a Gentile?
Answer by John Young Here’s what we know about Luke from texts within the Bible. He was the “beloved physician” or doctor mentioned by Paul in Colossians 4:14 Colossians 4:10-11 Paul names his fellow workers with him who are ‘of the circumcision’ i.e. Jewish. In that list Paul mentions Aristarchus (a Jew from Thessalonica), Mark […]
- 18/11/2015NOAH’S FLOOD? How can you recognize rocks that have been laid down by a flood?
Answer by Bob Powell One of the great debates in understanding the nature of earth’s geology is whether the huge volumes of sedimentary rocks covering some 70 percent of the planet’s surface formed fast or slow. This debate has often been portrayed as catastrophist vs uniformitarian, where the uniformitarian theorizers (based on Charles Lyell) are […]
- 10/11/2015The coywolf has appeared within the last century. Has a new species evolved?
Answer by Diane Eager The” coywolf” is an animal that has proliferated in north eastern USA and south eastern Canada over the previous century. Genetic studies have shown that it has a mix of genes from the western coyote, eastern wolf, grey wolf, and domestic dog. Most of it genes are coyote and eastern wolf, […]
- 13/10/2015APE MAN FOSSILS? Are the bones of Homo naledi actually fossilised and is this relevant or not?
Answer by John Mackay How are fossils formed? Firstly let us clear up one thing: many people confuse the words fossilised and petrified. A fossil is any remains of an animal or plant or trace of it, such as a footprint or even only a chemical residue, so any clue that some form of life […]
- 06/10/2015NEW APE MAN? Is the discovery of Homo naledi in South Africa evidence for apes evolving into humans?
Answer by Diane Eager and John Mackay First of all we need to consider what was found. In 2013 cave explorers found a large number of bones deep in the Rising Star cave system in South Africa. Anthropologist Lee Berger then recruited a team of scientists with caving experience to excavate over 1500 bones and […]
- 22/09/2015GIANTS? If people before the flood lived to be nearly 1,000 could they have grown to 5m in height?
The original question was: You say that the giant animals in the fossil record grew to be so large because they lived for a long time. The Bible says people lived to nearly 1,000 years before the flood. If that is so could people grow to be over 5 metres (16 ft 5ins) tall? Answer […]
- 15/09/2015If earth’s many coal seams formed slowly in swamps, isn’t the world is too old for the Biblical record to be literal?
Answer by Bob Powell Conventional theory states that coal formation is associated with a swamp environment that was slowly covered by sediment and then compressed over millions of years. It is estimated that for 1 foot (30cm) of coal to form took 20 feet (6m) of vegetative swamp material, called peat, to be compacted by […]
- 15/09/2015Humans have the same Endogenous Retroviruses as apes. Doesn’t this prove we evolved from them?
The original Question was: All apes, including humans, share some Endogenous Retrovirus (ERVs) in common that do not exist in any other mammals. So if you find a dog with an ape ERV you could falsify evolution. Have they found contradicting ERVs to this yet? Or is there some reason why they likely won’t find? […]
- 02/09/2015FLAT EARTH? Does the Bible say the earth is flat? Are the pictures showing a round earth from space real?
Answer by Diane Eager One of the oldest books in the Bible is the book of Job, where Job declares God has “inscribed a circle on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness.” (Job 26:10, ESV & NASB) This same expression is also used in Proverbs 8:27, which also refers […]
- 02/09/2015Did Jesus actually write any parts of the Bible?
Answer by John Mackay Jesus is among the few so called founders of a religion – who never left any books, biographies or personal memoirs behind. Not during His earthly lifetime, anyway. He was on this earth as a human for approximately 33 years, from his birth to his crucifixion and resurrection and for some […]