- 03/07/2018SNAKE VENOM: If God made everything good, why are snakes venomous?
Answer by Diane Eager We need to start by asking: What is venom? Venom is any harmful substance secreted by one animal and injected into another by biting or stinging. Now to ask: what is snake venom? It is a secretion from the salivary glands of snakes, which they use primarily for digesting things. The […]
- 12/06/2018POLEMIC? The early chapters of Genesis are a moral polemic against ancient pagan stories, so why do they have to be real history?
The original question was: My evangelical theological college teaches the early chapters of Genesis were written as a moral polemic against the multi-god, violent, and sexually immoral creation stories of the pagans, therefore we don’t need to regard Genesis 1-11 as real history. What do you think? Answer by Diane Eager and John Mackay To […]
- 15/05/2018DAIRY COWS suffer pain and inflammation if they are not milked, so did Adam and Eve have to milk cows?
Answer by Diane Eager To answer this question we need to consider what makes a cow produce milk in the first place. Like all mammals, cows produce milk to feed their babies. Therefore, the first time a cow will produce milk is when she has a calf. After that she will continue to produce milk […]
- 01/05/2018GIANT ANIMALS are dangerous by their size alone. Was giantism an effect of the curse?
The original question was: While studying animals of the past such as the 15 meter long (48’) gigantic serpent Titanoboa cerrejonensis, who could have swallowed a man whole, I’ve discovered that many animals were of gargantuan dimensions. I can’t believe such animals were part of God’s original very good creation. If God created animals so […]
- 11/04/2018HUMAN EVOLUTION? Does it create any problems for Christians who believe it?
The original question was: Many of those who call themselves Evangelical Christians are increasingly accepting the idea that man evolved. Are there any problems if God created this way? Answer by Diane Eager Let’s start with the fact that it completely contradicts the Bible’s clear straightforward description of the origin of the first man and […]
- 27/03/2018CAIN’S OFFERING: Why did God reject it, yet He accepted Abel’s offering?
The original question was: Why was Cain’s vegetable offering not accepted by God? We know that offerings of grain and other plant products were allowed under the Law of Moses, so wasn’t Cain’s attitude the problem, rather than the type of offering? Answer by John Mackay The account of Adam’s two sons Cain and Abel, […]
- 27/03/2018HYBRIDS: If lions and tigers were intelligently designed, why are offspring of crosses between them infertile?
The original question was: If the tiger and lion were intelligently designed, why are they able to interbreed, but create only sterile offspring? The same is true with horse and donkey, they produce sterile offspring. Why? Answer by Diane Eager We need to start by asking just why we think these animals should be able […]
- 27/03/2018MAUNDY THURSDAY: Why is the Thursday before Easter called Maundy Thursday?
Answer by John Mackay The word Maundy is an English devolution of the old Latin word ‘mandate’. It’s connection with the Thursday before Easter is found in John 13:31 onwards where we read that at the Last Supper, Jesus told his disciples that “A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; […]
- 20/03/2018ANGEL OF DEATH: Was the Passover angel of death a created being?
Answer by John Mackay Perhaps first, a little on angels in general will help. The word translated angel in English is from the NT Greek aggelos. It’s a masculine noun, so forget all those pretty female angels on the Christmas trees. They are fakes and frauds. Aggelos is best defined as ‘a messenger’, and generally […]
- 27/02/2018CAIN is described as being of the wicked one. As he was Adam’s son does this mean Adam was wicked?
1 John 3:11-12 (NKJV) states: “For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.” Since Cain was born from […]