- 03/05/2017GOD’S GENDER? Why do you insist on calling God He? Surely as a Spirit, God has no gender.
Answer by John Mackay There is no doubt we live in an age where even fairy tales are being de-gendered. Male hero is out. Hero Princess is in (but not ‘heroine’). ‘He’ is leaving and ‘they’ is taking over as a de-gendered singular. Even the church is avoiding the word ‘man’. A modern version of […]
- 19/04/2017TIME: When did God invent time?
Answer by John Mackay Throughout the Holy Scriptures, God tells us that He is ‘from eternity to eternity’ (Isaiah 43:13). He had neither beginning, nor end of days. He does not age. He has no time. That is what Peter refers to when he wrote; “To the Lord a day is like a thousand years […]
- 12/04/2017WEDNESDAY CRUCIFIXION? If it was 3 days and 3 nights before Jesus rose from the dead, did he die on Wednesday?
The original question was: In Matthew 12: 40 we read Jesus saying: For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Since Jesus rose from the dead on the first […]
- 12/04/2017SHAME? Why were Adam and Eve ashamed to be naked when there was no one else around to see them?
Answer by John Mackay Let’s check the original source. In Genesis 3:6-8 we read: “when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, […]
- 28/03/2017BRONTOSAURUS: Why do you continue to use the dinosaur name Brontosaurus which is defunct?
Answer by John Mackay and Diane Eager This question arose following an item in our Evidence News 22 March 2017 about a study of dinosaur neck bones where we listed Brontosaurus as an example of a group of very large four legged herbivorous dinosaurs with long necks and tails, small heads, and massive limbs technically […]
- 28/02/2017TESTING EVOLUTION: What are evolutionists testing when they claim evolution is a fact because it can be tested?
The original question was: Evolutionists say that evolution is a fact because it is testable (i.e. there is empirical evidence). They seem to be very positive with that ‘evidence’? What are they testing that’s confirming their belief in evolution? Answer by John Mackay What are the evolutionists testing? The answer will surprise most people. Never […]
- 31/01/2017MYXOMATOSIS: Is the change in rabbit myxoma virus to be less deadly an example of evolution?
The original question was: The plague numbers of Australian rabbits originally exposed to the myxoma virus had a mortality rate up to 99% in some areas. Over generations rabbits have gained resistance to the virus and their mortality rate has dropped to almost insignificance. Studies have shown that the virus has also changed to become […]
- 31/01/2017HERMENEUTICS? Can we read Genesis without using hermeneutics that require 6 days to be literal?
Answer By John Mackay The background to this question is: Recently I ran a teachers’ conference in a large school. One teacher asked: “There are many Christians who believe in millions of years, so how do we incorporate this into our Christian schooling?” When challenged that a Christian should be more interested in what the […]
- 14/12/2016FOSSIL LEAF? Are the fossil leaves made in your stalactite experiments really fossils or just imprints?
The original question was: I have read your report on ‘fossil leaves found in a UK stalagmite’ less than 100years old. I need to know if your duplication of these actually produced fossils or just imprints in the limestone, which is not really a fossil, is it? This question relates to two articles on the […]
- 14/12/2016ZEBRA STRIPES? Why do zebras have stripes? Did the stripes evolve for camouflage?
Answer by Diane Eager Many theories have been put forward as to why zebras have stripes, including camouflage to elude both large and small predators, i.e. lions and horseflies. The problem with that explanation is that lions and flies both attack other creatures, (including people) but none of those show any signs of developing stripes. […]