- 15/04/2015REVELATION 21: Does it say the new Earth will have no sea because to Jews it is a symbol of chaos?
+*-The original question was: Revelation 21:1-2 mentions the new earth will have no sea! Is that because Jewish people thought sea was symbolic of chaos? We have sometimes been asked to preach in churches which take this position, and we have read commentaries that say God is will not making a new sea on the […]
- 15/04/2015YEAST MAN GENES? If man was created separately, why do we share 49% of our DNA with yeast?
+*-Let’s start by asking where the figure of 49% comes from. The complete genome of fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe (the yeast used in brewing) was found to have only 4,824 protein coding genes, whilst humans have over 20,000. Therefore, it cannot be a reference to 49% of the total human genome. It may mean 49% […]
- 08/04/2015APE MAN? If humans evolved from apes why would we grow long head and beard hair yet lose body hair?
+*-First, a brief overview of human hair. The sparse short hair on our bodies and limbs is often used as evidence for evolution by claiming human body hair is vestigial, i.e. a useless leftover from when we were hairy apes. However, human hair is not useless. To understand this we must remember there is more […]
- 08/04/2015HEAVEN? Was Heaven created, if so why and where is it?
+*-In order to answer this question it is important to begin by defining what is meant by the word ‘heaven’. This is necessary since the term ‘heaven’ is talked about in numerous ways in the Bible. First, the term Hebrew term shamiym refers to the ‘physical sky.’ The very first verse of the Bible tells […]
- 24/03/2015Did Darwin turn away from God because of the death of his daughter Anne?
+*-Anne Darwin died at the age of 10 following an illness described as “bilious fever with typhoid characteristics”. This death of his favourite daughter has been claimed to be the “moment of truth” that motivated Charles Darwin to set aside his church training as an Anglican theologian and obliged promoter Biblical creation, then turn and […]
- 24/03/2015NOAH: What Race was Noah? What colour was he? Where in the Bible can I find out?
+*-The original question was: Where can I find out what race was Noah? I know he is not Jewish. Was he black or white, and where is it located in The Bible? John Mackay’s Answer What do we know about Noah who is first mentioned in Genesis 5:29. He was a direct descendant of Adam […]
- 10/03/2015EDEN? What do you think of claims that the location of the Garden of Eden still exists?
+*-To answer this question we will divide the issue into two parts. Part 1: What was under Adam’s feet? The geology of claimed Eden sites. At present three suggestions have claimed moderate consideration as present day locations` for Eden which could match the descriptive features of Genesis 2:10–15, where we read about a river which […]
- 04/03/2015How is Bible inerrant if the word ‘homosexual’ was not used in the NKJV until 1982?
+*-John Mackay is a geologist, teacher and field researcher who is founder and International Director of Creation Research. Click on name above for more details. The original question was: As to Biblical references to the words homosexuals or sodomites, would I be correct in saying that the 1611 King James Version didn’t include either word, […]
- 20/02/2015If God removed snakes’ legs at the Fall, why are there fossil snakes with legs?
+*-John Mackay is a geologist, teacher and field researcher who is founder and International Director of Creation Research. Click on name above for more details. The original question was: I watched your video of the Creation Conference 2014 about the fossil snake with legs. Genesis 3:14 says: So the Lord God said to the serpent, […]
- 19/02/2015Insect blood carries no oxygen. Do insects fit the Biblical term Nephesh, which means breath?
+*-Diane Eager was a university lecturer in biomedical sciences in Canberra, Australia, and now works for Creation Research. Click on name above for more details. The original question was: I’ve been fascinated by insects since I can remember and one thing that always bothered me is that most (if not all) Christians believe that insects […]