- 05/12/2017JESUS’ COLOUR: What skin colour did Jesus have?
Answer by Diane Eager and John Mackay Have you noticed that the Old Testament has one major difference from the New Testament when it comes to people? In the Old Testament, there is a lot of description; hair length, size, colour, ethnicity, etc, but in the New Testament it is almost entirely absent. There is […]
- 22/11/2017MARRIAGE LAW: the Bible says Christians should submit to governments, so should you stop opposing gay marriage?
The original question was: Since Paul says in Romans 13, that “Christians should Submit to governments”, doesn’t that mean that Christians, such as you lot, should stop opposing gay marriage, and start having ministers who will marry gays and transgenders? Answer by Joseph Hubbard To answer this let us look at the full context of […]
- 10/10/2017MAN KIND? Why is the Hebrew word for kind not used in reference to Man in the Bible?
The original question was: I have noticed that the Hebrew word ‘min’, translated into English as kind, is used many times in association with plants and animals being commanded by God to ‘multiply ‘after their own kind’, but and as far as I can tell, it is never used in reference to ‘Man’ – how […]
- 12/09/2017CAIN’S DESCENDANTS? If Cain’s line died out in the flood why are they listed as ancestors in 1 Chronicles?
The original question was: “If Cain’s descendants didn’t make it through the flood how is it they are mentioned in 1 Chronicles 2:55? The word “Kenite” in the Strong’s number 7017, says it is patronymic from H7014, which is the offspring of Cain. How can this be?” Answer by John Osgood and John Mackay. Let’s […]
- 19/07/2017LIVING FOSSILS prove nothing! All survivors are living fossils. Why make so much of them?
The original question was: Why do you people get so fascinated with living fossils? After all, any survivors from evolution would, by definition, have to be living fossils. It doesn’t prove a thing. Answer by John Mackay Charles Darwin was fascinated by living fossils and so are we! Darwin is the man who defined the […]
- 03/05/2017GOD’S GENDER? Why do you insist on calling God He? Surely as a Spirit, God has no gender.
Answer by John Mackay There is no doubt we live in an age where even fairy tales are being de-gendered. Male hero is out. Hero Princess is in (but not ‘heroine’). ‘He’ is leaving and ‘they’ is taking over as a de-gendered singular. Even the church is avoiding the word ‘man’. A modern version of […]
- 19/04/2017TIME: When did God invent time?
Answer by John Mackay Throughout the Holy Scriptures, God tells us that He is ‘from eternity to eternity’ (Isaiah 43:13). He had neither beginning, nor end of days. He does not age. He has no time. That is what Peter refers to when he wrote; “To the Lord a day is like a thousand years […]
- 12/04/2017WEDNESDAY CRUCIFIXION? If it was 3 days and 3 nights before Jesus rose from the dead, did he die on Wednesday?
The original question was: In Matthew 12: 40 we read Jesus saying: For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Since Jesus rose from the dead on the first […]
- 12/04/2017SHAME? Why were Adam and Eve ashamed to be naked when there was no one else around to see them?
Answer by John Mackay Let’s check the original source. In Genesis 3:6-8 we read: “when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, […]
- 28/03/2017BRONTOSAURUS: Why do you continue to use the dinosaur name Brontosaurus which is defunct?
Answer by John Mackay and Diane Eager This question arose following an item in our Evidence News 22 March 2017 about a study of dinosaur neck bones where we listed Brontosaurus as an example of a group of very large four legged herbivorous dinosaurs with long necks and tails, small heads, and massive limbs technically […]