- 25/08/2015PLANT DEATH: If there was no death before sin, could creation days be any length if plants made on Day 3 couldn’t die before insects arrived on Day 6?
The original question was: You claim that Days 4, 5 and 6 in Genesis have to be real 24 hour days because any plants made on Day 3 could not have survived without the insects made on Day 6.This argument has a major flaw, i.e. If there was no death before sin, then not even […]
- 11/08/2015Peter says a day is like a thousand years. How can you insist Genesis days are 24 hours?
The original question was: If the Apostle Peter said a day is like a thousand years (2 Peter 3:8) how can you be dogmatic about a day being specifically a 24 hour day? We do get asked this often, and sometimes very aggressively, particularly by theistic evolutionists who want the days in Genesis to be […]
- 11/08/2015How did the population increase after Adam and Eve if God doesn’t allow brother sister marriages?
The original question was: Does the bible support brother and sister sexual relationships? If not, how did the population ever increase after Adam and Eve? Genesis is very clear that God created one man, Adam, and one woman, Eve. Eve was given this name by Adam because she was “the mother of all the living”. […]
- 28/07/2015Who were Adam and Eve?
This question reminds us of a church enterprise we came across recently. An Australian country church brought the local hotel when it went bankrupt. Their aim was to make it into a youth centre. They discovered the publican had named the toilets Adam and Eve, but they had to change this because the street kids […]
- 15/07/2015Why did Jesus say he would be buried for three days if he died on Friday and rose on Sunday?
The original question was: In Matthew 12:40 Jesus states “Just as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of a whale, so should the son of man be 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth” (NKJV) Yet the church says Jesus was buried on a Friday and rose […]
- 08/07/2015Talking Animals? How could donkeys or snakes speak to people, as the Bible records?
The original question was: Do you people really believe the Biblical accounts that a donkey could speak? Having a snake speak is even worse as snakes have no vocal cords at all? Answer The story of Balaam’s donkey is recorded in Numbers 22. Balaam, a Gentile prophet, had been hired by regional minor King Balak […]
- 23/06/2015DINOSAURS: Were they on Noah’s ark? If so, what happened to them?
We first must ask what creatures the Bible records God told Noah to preserve on the ark. The answer is found in Genesis 6 as well 7. Noah was told “… two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive. And you shall take for yourself of all food that is eaten, […]
- 10/06/2015DNA LIFESPAN: What is it? What happens as DNA degrades? Can it last millions of years?
The original question was: I have read and watched Professor Neeland’s material on your site about life spans of various molecules. What does he have to say about scientific claims we can extract detectable DNA from material hundreds of thousands to millions of years old? What is a reliable lifespan for intact DNA? And what […]
- 10/06/2015Inhaled foreign bodies usually enter the right bronchus. Is this a design flaw in creation?
First of all, a brief human anatomy lesson: When you breathe air moves down the throat, through the larynx (voice box) and down the trachea (windpipe). The trachea then divides into two main airways that convey the air into each lung. These are the right and left main bronchi (singular: bronchus). The two main bronchi […]
- 26/05/2015ANIMAL RIGHTS: Should some animals be given the same legal rights as human beings?
The pressure for animals to be granted human rights is based totally on the evolutionary belief that animals and humans are just one continuum on an evolutionary tree of life, and there is nothing intrinsically special about being human. Those who want to give human rights to apes on the basis of proximity on the […]