- 12/07/2016SIX DAYS: Do any doctrines depend on the six days of Creation, or is it just an interesting but irrelevant issue?
Answer by John Mackay Let’s start with an eye-banger! Those who claim the Genesis six days of Creation narrative is not an issue as no Christian doctrine depends on it, actually means no one would have been able to recognise Jesus Christ as Lord or Saviour? So what do I mean? There is no doubt […]
- 21/06/2016TRANSGENDERING? Is it possible to change your gender?
Answer by Diane Eager Consider this: If a militant transgender promoter was murdered and can no longer promote their claimed sexuality, DNA tests on any cell in their body will reveal that they never were a male who could be a female, or vice versa. Gender is definitely biological. It is not a cultural construct […]
- 21/06/2016BIRD DIET: How did New Zealand’s native birds change to eating human leftovers? Is this evolution?
The original question was: Both Maoris and Europeans brought new types of food to NZ, yet the native birds seemed to find no problem eating our food scraps immediately. Can you explain this to me? Is it an example of evolution? Answer by John Mackay Birds native or otherwise along with most land dwelling vertebrate […]
- 14/06/2016ORIGIN OF LIFE: Since all chemicals needed for life occur by natural processes do we need a creator to make life?
The original question was: My biology lecturer has stated that since the early days of Millers amino acid experiment we have discovered natural processes on earth and in stars can make amino acids for proteins, sugars for DNA, complex carbohydrates and on and on, so no god is needed to make life because given long […]
- 14/06/2016THE HOBBIT? Was Homo floresiensis a human ancestor or a deformed human?
Answer by Diane Eager Homo floresiensis is the scientific name given to bones found in a cave on the Indonesian island of Flores initially in 2003. Since then more bones have been found and the creature has been nicknamed “The Hobbit” due to its small stature, about 3 feet tall, and its small head. As […]
- 24/05/2016LIFESPANS: God told Noah man’s life was 120 years, but Abraham lived to 175. Isn’t that a contradiction?
The original question was: God told Noah in Genesis 6:4 that His intention was to limit man’s lifespan to 120 years. Why then did Abraham live to be 175? Isn’t that a contradiction? Answer by John Mackay Let’s first check what the Bible says so we can deal with this. In Gen 6:3-4 we do […]
- 24/05/2016HOMOLOGOUS STRUCTURES? Vertebrate limbs have the same bone structure. Is this evidence for evolution?
The Original question was: School textbooks and lesson plans use homologous structures, such as the bones in vertebrate limbs, as evidence for evolution. How can we refute these claims? Answer by Diane Eager Homologous structures are organs and body parts that have the same internal organisation. For example, all vertebrates have limbs with a common […]
- 19/04/2016HUMAN TAILS? I have read that babies can be born with true tails. Are these leftovers from our evolutionary ancestors?
The original question was: I read an article that claimed there are “true tails” as opposed to “false tails” and there are 20 to 30 cases of “true tails” in humans. Is this correct, or are they just “more advanced” false tails? Reference: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5967742/the-science-of-human-tails Answer by Diane Eager. The article referenced in the link above […]
- 12/04/2016AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINES? If Aborigines have been in Australia for 40,000 years, how could the Bible be true?
Answer by John Mackay One of our early board members, Dr Allen Hall (1919-2004) received his Order of Australia medal for translation work with aboriginals, along with resurrecting traditional locality names and local histories. You can also view some of the elders we interviewed on our Origin of Races DVDs. This author has taught aboriginal […]
- 12/04/2016HUMAN KIND? Did God ever command people to produce their own kind, like he did for all the animals?
Answer by John Mackay In Genesis you find no specific instruction given to Adam and Eve to produce “after their own kind”, as all the other creatures are told (beginning with Genesis 1:11). But you do find the instruction for man to multiply and fill the earth (Genesis 1:28). This instruction was repeated to Noah […]